Tuesday, September 22, 2009

DC Fashion Week Networking Party


9/13 through 9/20 DC embraced it's creative side and welcomed DC fashion week. Local and international designers were celebrated through a series of public and private runway shows and events. Thursday 9/17 I had the pleasure of attending the networking party which was held at the Senate Square, a gorgeous condo community. There models, and designers, and anyone interested in getting to know more about the local fashion scene. There was also a swimwear runway show featuring female and male models. The event was originally to be held on the rooftop by the pool but because of the rain it was moved downstairs to the main courtyard. The last minute change was done so gracefully you never would have known it wasn't the original site. I received VIP treatment and the paparazzi was there to great me as I walked in the door. I got plenty of pictures taken on the red carpet in front of the DC fashion week sign.