Tuesday, September 22, 2009

DC Fashion Week International Couture Fashion Show


This past Sunday, September 20th I was a VIP guest at the DC fashion week International Couture show held at the French Embassy. I was able to sit in the front row at the top of the runway. I also was presented during the opening scene and got to model on the runway. It was such a thrill and an opportunity someone who is only 5'2" rarely gets. All the designs were amazing and the designers were from all over. Many of the fashions shown could be bought in boutiques around DC. I chose to wear a dress I bought from one of my favorite boutiques in Georgetown called Fresh. My friend Kim, also the owner helped dress me for the event and plan my over all look. It was my first time attending a show of that nature. It's nice to see DC embracing all genres of art. I'm sure next year DC fashion week will be even bigger and better.