Monday, October 19, 2009

Miss Teen DC cities of America pageant


October 17th I attended the Miss Teen DC Cities of America pageant. It's a pageant that I hadn't heard of before and has four categories. Miss junior pre-teen, Miss Pre-teen, Miss Junior teen and Miss Teen. My official hair stylist and good friend entered her daughter into this pageant and I gladly came to offer my support. It was fun to see so many young girls and teens participating and having fun. Annaya was in the Miss Pre-teen category and did a great job, and it was her first pageant. I was so proud of her. There was also another young lady who entered. Her name is Bethany and she did not place but was so poised and gave a very articulate and intelligent answer onstage. She sent me a picture she took with me. I got to meet a lot of the contestants and it was nice that they were so excited I was there.